It is the role of The Board of Trustees to oversee the systems of financial control, promote high ethical standards and monitor regulatory compliance. They do this through meeting regularly. During their meetings, The Board will concentrate on a special theme for in depth discussion and scrutiny. There is also an annual Away Day which takes place. This is to enable Trustees and Senior Managers to deliberate on strategy, future direction and governance. The Trust is always keen to hear from potential new Trustees. The selection process is based on a range of criteria including skills, experience and commitment to the sector.
Visit our JustGiving page
At The CFT we have our own Just Giving page. This can be used to support fundraising activities or to make regular one-off donations.
Ian Brazier, Chairman
- Colonel (Retd) Late The Fusiliers
- Chairman The Fusiliers Association
- Director Skyrocket Partnerships Ltd
- Formerly Executive Director The Foster Care Co-operative
- Formerly Vice Chair The Fairer Fostering Partnership
- Formerly Trustee of British Association for Adoption and Fostering.
- Holds a CQSW & MSc in Organisation Development
- Established one of the first Independent Fostering Agencies (IFA)
- Previous CEO of The Children’s Family Trust (2004 – 2014)
- Current Agency Decision Maker (ADM) with The Trust
- Career in retail banking in the UK and Australia
- MBA, BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- Experienced charitable volunteer
Nick enjoys a wide variety of sports, in particular walking, running and cycling. Over the past few years he has used this to raise money for charities such as the Heart Foundation, Help the Hospice and Cancer Research.
- Prior career in teaching and in LAC Education Unit within Local Authorities, Head Teacher of a County virtual school.
- Ed (Hons).
- Currently director of a company supporting professionals to promote the education of vulnerable children and working as a ‘Virtual Headteacher’ for Looked after children.
- Worked with vulnerable people through a Youth Information Service.
- Experienced in working with young people at risk of exclusion from school.
Alecia is married and a parent to two young children. She enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Dr Valerie Wigfall
- Academic researcher with 17 years experience at the Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London.
- Considerable completed government funded research on adoption, fostering and looked after children in Europe and UK.
- Degrees in sociology, education, and Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW).
Valerie’s passions include playing classical guitar, art and craft, and swimming.
- Partner in Gloucester-based law firm.
- LLB (Hons).
- Part II Law Society Finals.
Dale lives in Cheltenham but was originally born in North Wales. He loves sports, in particular snow-boarding and skiing
Dr. Margaret Hine
Retired community pediatrician with specialized area of childhood disability.
10+ years as Governor at Cherry Garden School, a specialist primary school for children with severe or profound learning difficulties. Chair of the governing body since 2013.
In her spare time Maggie enjoys gardening, her main hands-on activity after grandchildren. She also enjoys visiting gardens and art galleries, travelling and reading.
Become a Trustee
From time to time The Trust look for new Trustees to join our board. We look for individuals from a variety of backgrounds to compliment the needs of the organisation. If you are interested in becoming a Trustee for The Children’s Family Trust please forward your CV to us in the first instance.