Independent Reviewing Officer
We are currently looking to recruit an Independent Reviewing Officer on a sessional contract.
Nationwide but within travelling distance to our regional offices.
£30 per hour + 45p travel allowance.
This post entails the planning, preparation and chairing of annual Foster Carer Reviews. The completion of review reports and presentation to Independent Fostering Panel where necessary. To co-ordinate, develop and work within the parameters of the reviewing service practice, policies and systems.
For a full list of role responsibilities please see the below Job Description.
- A recognised social work qualification, along with substantial post qualification experience in fostering or children’s services.
- Valid registration with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
- Be required to have a current DBS specific to the role.
- Good knowledge and comprehension of child care and fostering legislation, regulations, guidance and minimum standards.
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the post and prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to process and provide analysis of a wide variety of information.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Be able to work independently and provide review reports in a timely and planned way.
- Be able to chair meetings and liaise with regional staff to ensure all documents are completed in line with regulations and CFT procedures.
How to apply
Please download and complete our Staff Application Form and Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form and email with your accompanying CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be accepted from candidates completing the CFT Application Form in full. We are a great company to work for and this is a rare opportunity to make a ‘real’ difference in children’s lives. To read more about our unique history, please click here.
The Children’s Family Trust is an equal opportunities employer and all appointments are subject to a DBS check and receipt of satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 10th December 2018
Prospective Interview Date: 17th December 2018
Please note this job listing may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received.
Job Description: Sessional Independent Reviewing Officer
Application Form: CFT Staff Application Form