Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO)
We are currently looking to recruit a self-employed, Independent Reviewing Officer on a sessional contract to cover our North East region in Bishop Auckland.
Home based but within travelling distance to our North East regional office in Bishop Auckland (DL14).
£30 per hour + 45p travel allowance.
This post entails the planning, preparation and chairing of annual Foster Carer Reviews. The completion of review reports and presentation to Independent Fostering Panel where necessary. To co-ordinate, develop and work within the parameters of the reviewing service practice, policies and systems.
For a full list of role responsibilities please see the below Job Description.
- A recognised social work qualification, along with substantial post qualification experience in fostering or children’s services.
- Valid registration with Social Work England.
- Be required to have a current DBS specific to the role.
- Good knowledge and comprehension of child care and fostering legislation, regulations, guidance and minimum standards.
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the post and prioritise and meet deadlines. The successful candidate must be able to travel the Bishop Auckland office and be able to occasionally attend meetings outside of the normal 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. working day.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to process and provide analysis of a wide variety of information.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Be able to work independently and provide review reports in a timely and planned way.
- Be able to chair meetings and liaise with regional staff to ensure all documents are completed in line with regulations and CFT procedures.
- Must have experience of conducting Foster Carer Annual Reviews as the role involves planning, preparation and chairing of annual Foster Carer Reviews. The completion of review reports and presentation to Independent Fostering Panel where necessary.
How to apply
Please download and complete our Staff Application Form and Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form and email with your accompanying CV to email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted from candidates completing the CFT Application Form in full. We are a great company to work for and this is a rare opportunity to make a ‘real’ difference in children’s lives. To read more about our unique history, please click here.
Please note that all appointments are subject to a DBS check (provided by the successful candidate) and receipt of satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 31st March 2021
Please note this job listing may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received.
Job Description: Sessional Independent Reviewing Officer
Application Form: CFT Staff Application Form