- This event has passed.
PACE Therapeutic Parenting-WY
18th November 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
PACE stands for Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity, Empathy. The model was developed by Dan Hughes, a clinical psychologist who specialises in the treatment of children and young people who have experienced abuse and neglect. He introduced PACE as a way of building a child’s sense of trust and safety.
We offer training in PACE Therapeutic Parenting as part of our commitment to supporting organisations move towards a Trauma-Informed way of working with the children and young people in their care.
The Learning Outcomes for our PACE Therapeutic Parenting course are:
– Understand attachment, trauma and brain development
– Explore what PACE Therapeutic Parenting looks like in practice
– Explore how foster carers and childcare workers can integrate the PACE model into their work
– Understand how foster carers and childcare workers can help children with attachment difficulties
– Discuss the difficulties that may be involved in using PACE as a model of care
RSVP: If you would like to attend this training, please RSVP to the West Yorkshire Office on 01924 802176.
Course Title: PACE Therapeutic Parenting
Date & Time: Monday 18th November 2019 – 10am to 12.30pm
*We occasionally offer places on our training courses to external candidates for a small fee. If you are interested in booking a place on any of our training sessions, please contact us for further information*