November 30 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
FOSTER CARER TRAINING
Name of Trainer: Selma Sendur
Course Description: This course will cover child development issues between the ages of 9-18 years and will give carers an understanding of difficulties that may arise. Participants will be invited to:
- Identify the developmental dimensions as they apply to older children
- Examine the possible effects of unsatisfactory parenting on identity, emotional and social development
- Consider the developmental changes during puberty and sexual development
- Explore the tasks of adolescence towards independence
- Identify the developmental needs of young people, record and report these to inform care planning
Affirm parenting styles and strategies which would support aspects of resilience
RSVP: If you would like to attend this training, please RSVP to the Midlands Office on 01527 574446.
Course Title: Child Development
Date & Time: Thursday 30th November 2017– 10AM to 2PM
Please note: This training was rearranged and was previously scheduled to take place on Friday 6th October.